New Garden Landscaping and Nursery, Inc. has been providing comprehensive services and outdoor living products to customers in the Piedmont Triad for over a quarter-century:
- Late 1960s: Founder Jim Newlin starts a nursery in his backyard.
- 1977: Son Morris Newlin starts a landscape and maintenance business.
- 1979: Jim, wife Pat, and Morris open a retail nursery on Highway 220 in Summerfield.
- 1984: A seasonal retail location opens in a gazebo on Battleground Ave. Two years later it is operating year-‘round.
- 1992: The Summerfield location relocates to Old Oak Ridge Rd. and merges the retail nursery with a headquarters for the landscape & maintenance operation.
- 2001: The Gazebo moves to the present, more spacious Lawndale Avenue location.
- 2002: A new services office opens in Winston-Salem to better serve clients in that area.
- 2003: The Old Oak Ridge location moves just down the road to the current, larger location in New Garden Village.
- 2011: With two retail locations and landscape service teams located in Winston-Salem and Greensboro, New Garden proudly employs 127 people and serves the entire Piedmont Triad.
- 2012: New Garden adds a Lawn & Plant Healthcare service, New Garden Select.
There has been a lot of growth and change since the early years, but our core principles have remained the same: New Garden’s continuing commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen, hiring and retaining inspired employees and, most importantly, delivering positive results to our customers. Inspired by Jim’s passion for plants, people and a belief in personal integrity, we have been pleased and honored to see our family business grow in new and exciting directions. New Garden Landscaping & Nursery looks forward to continuing to serve the Triad area into the future.